Sunday 11 November 2018

Building On Christ

“Concerning this temple which you are building, if you walk in My statutes, execute My judgments, keep all My commandments, and walk in them, then I will perform My Word with you, which I spoke to your father David” (1 Kings 6:12).
Building a temple for God means nothing if it isn’t accompanied by building the ‘temple’ of a godly life.  We must remember that “our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit” (1 Corinthians 6:19). If the place of worship looks great and our lives are a mess, we need to hear what God is saying to us here. He’s speaking to us about godly living. How are we to live a godly life? – We must build our life on Jesus Christ – “whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock … it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock” (Matthew 7:24-25). Whenever we start to attach too much importance to the place where we worship, let us remember the words of Jesus: “In three days I will raise up the temple of my body” and let us build our faith on Jesus Christ, “risen from the dead” (John 2:19-22). He is the Person whom we worship. May He always be more important to us than the place where we worship Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

The Lord has sent His Spirit of power to live in us.

We read about Elijah in his high-points of strength - the triumph over the prophets of Baal (1 Kings 18:36-39) - and his low-points of ...